On the lead single off his next independent full-length, G-Eazy looked back on his carefree (and mildly debauched) adolescence, and scoffed at those who doubted his ability to succeed in the hip-hop game. The Oakland-based buzzmaker may have made it This Far on his lonesome, but a lack of support and camaraderie no longer seems to be an issue. This newly-released remix finds him joined by one of biggest names in Bay Area hip-hop. E-40 jumps on Jay Ant, G-Eazy and Christoph Andersson‘s leisurely guitar-loop beat to spit a few bars about his own humble upbringing. (He was “the oldest of four” children, and “havin’ a roof over [his] head was [his] allowance.”) As on the original, Jay Ant steps out from behind the boards to sing the chorus. These Things Happen still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release. G-Eazy is currently touring behind the set. While the West Coast leg is completely sold out, those residing elsewhere in North America can visit his official site to purchase tickets.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.