You never know quite what you’re going to get next from Gensu Dean, and that’s exactly the point. Although we haven’t heard from the Mello Music Group beatmaker since June’s In My Head, Gensu’s obviously been hard at work crafting dope new music like Wantchu. Although known for his rugged beats, here Dean puts together a R&B oriented instrumental that’s smoother than melted butter, providing the perfect template for U.K. soul singer Olivier Daysoul to lay down some conflicting feelings of infatuation. So, do you want you some Wantachu? Well then you better have a record player: the track is only available on vinyl. You know what to do 45 collectors, get to work.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.