When people say that money talks, they’re usually asking someone to prove the value of their words by putting their pocketbook on the line. Planet Asia takes the idiom in a more literal direction on the lead single off his collaborative set with Gensu Dean, imagining the Faces on the Dollar encouraging him as he goes about his ceaseless paper chase. Over the Mello Music Group beatsmith’s piano loops and slow-rolling rhythm section, the Fresno stalwart chronicles his ongoing efforts to achieve “legendary status,” with all the worldly wealth that implies. Packing guest appearances by Tragedy Khadafi, David Banner and more, the duo’s Abrasions LP is pre-orderable here in anticipation of its February 26, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.