Freeway may call himself the Philly Freezer, but don’t expect to shiver while listening to his latest single. On the contrary, this cut is more likely to have you mopping perspiration from your brow. A thematically appropriate sample from Biggie‘s Who Shot Ya (“I Can Hear Sweat trickling down your cheek.”) serves as the centerpiece of project collaborator Girl Talk’s beat, which pairs arpeggiated synths and oddball, sampled interludes with one of the grimiest basslines I’ve heard in a hot minute. In addition to Leslie Edward Pridgen’s own fiery bars, this joint packs a blistering guest 16 from Jadakiss. The D-Block vet opens by telling his foes, “Sweat dripping down your cheek is a sign of fear / Reminding you that your time is near,” and his rhymes only get grittier from there. Fans will be able to find Sweat, the Waka Flocka-assisted Tolerated and much more on Freeway and Girl Talk’s Broken Ankles EP, dropping tomorrow (4/8).
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
Girl Talk Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.