As you may have deduced from the freaky bars he spit on his last feature, On&On (Remix), GoldLink is a certified Playah. On his latest single, a collaboration with Russian beatsmith BMB, the Virginia buzzmaker emphasizes the point, schooling listeners on his sexual prolificacy as well as his ironclad dedication to the hustle. More striking than the track’s subject matter, however, are Link’s skills on the mic. Though his partner’s beat features one of the most unpredictable rhythm sections I’ve heard since Ludacris got Stung by Red and Meth in ‘02, the emcee manages to sound right at home over the left-of-center instrumental backdrop. Has Playah whet your appetite for more? Then keep it locked; this promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Electronic Relaxation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.