Plenty of songs boast a loud, action-packed title, but the artists never seem to deliver an appropriately adrenaline-pumping performance. Hazardis Soundz’ Turnt Up is not one of those songs. In order to ensure that his cut is actually Turnt Up, the DJ/producer calls upon three fleet-of-flow emcees: REKS, Wrekonize and Ekko. Over Haz’s woodwind-splashed production, the rhymesayers go in, showcasing their diverse, but complementary styles. Haz isn’t the only one with a new project on the way (his tape, HazMat 3, is coming soon); REKS oft-delayed Revolution Cocktail is set to drop in July and Wrekonize’s solo debut, The War Within, will be released later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In My Lane (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.