Independence Day was a couple weeks ago, but it’s never too late to enjoy a little patriotic music. On new single America, the Beautiful, Homeboy Sandman celebrates all the things that, in his opinion, make our country great—a list guaranteed to set any Tea Partier’s teeth on edge. Over the dusty sample work of producer Jonwayne, the Queens rhymesayer rhapsodizes about public schools, minimum wage, food stamps, Section 8 housing, mass transit, fire departments, paved roads and other public goods that help safeguard the well-being of U.S. citizens. Feeling it? More lyrically-stimulating jams await on the artist’s Hallways LP, scheduled to drop via Stones Throw on September 2.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.