It’s difficult to achieve celebrity status, much less enjoy life in the spotlight, without an unhealthy amount of arrogance, narcissism, and entitlement. As rap buzzmaker Hoodie Allen puts it on his latest feature, “Fame Is for A*****es”—which makes him the perfect man for the job. Following lead effort Cake Boy, this freshly-released single finds the Big Apple repper and guest rhymesayer Chiddy (of Chiddy Bang fame) engaging in some lovable douchebaggery over an infectious piano loop beat by Booth faves !llmind and Jared Evan. The accompanying official visuals depict Allen and his collaborator clowning on a high-school b-ball court. Crew Cuts is scheduled for free digital release this Wednesday, following which Hoodie will be embarking on a national tour with Aer and Jared Evan. Click here to find out when he’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.