Ladies and gentlemen, I-20 is the motherf*cking man. El hombre. L’homme. Der Mann. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from the man himself, who explains exactly why he can be considered a male human being par excellence on I’m the Man, leak numero uno off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape. Here, Trakksounds’ slow-rolling, bluesy sample work sets the mood as the Decatur street veteran delivers a gruff chronicle of his paper chase. Flowing with the unflappable confidence of a true O.G., the DTP signee sympathizes with those who choose to hustle on the block rather than standing in an unemployment line: “It’s hard to have morals when the motherf*ckin’ rent’s due.” Guest spitter Killa Kyleon comes with some witty aggression to complement the headliner’s laissez-faire style, “...bussin’ scripts like CVS” in his engaging closing 16. Feeling this smooth street banger? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to February 15, arrival of Celebrity Rehab—featuring guest appearances by Ludacris and Rain as well as beats by DJ Pain1, Dirty Dunnz and more!
Written by richard on 02/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.