Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Fresh off celebrating his addition to the Top Dawg stable with a Jay Rock/ScHoolboy Q-assisted remix of recent single Shot You Down, Isaiah Rashad keeps it in the TDE family on his latest promo cut, Ronnie Drake. Recently-signed R&B songstress SZA provides a cool, collected hook to complement the Chattanooga rhymesayer’s verses, which find him mixing lyrical snapshots from the hustle with reflections on the continuing impact of racism in America. The Antydote produces the record’s moody keyboard-loop backdrop. Isaiah Rashad doesn’t currently have any projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” to view Isaiah’s Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman-directed Ronnie Drake visual.
Written by richard on 11/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.