Absent from our pages since December of 2012, when he earned positive reader reviews for Hii (F**k Love), Isaiah Rashad is back in the Booth with guns blazing and a fresh promo single in tow. Premiered yesterday by Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, Shot You Down finds the Tennessee native unloading his highest-caliber lyrical ammunition into “sensitive n**gas,” “Hypebeast p*ssies” and other undesirable characters. In contrast to the rapper’s aggressive, feverishly-flowed verses, producers The Antydote and Chris Calor keep it chill behind the boards, layering idyllic flute/guitar loops over a languid percussion rhythm. Has this bullet-riddled, yet blissfully mellow selection left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; Shot You Down isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Rashad’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.