Last month, rhymesayer Isaiah Rashad stepped into The DJBooth with his first feature of 2013, promotional single Shot You Down. The record won widespread reader acclaim thanks to Antydote and Chris Calor‘s smooth production, as well as the Tennessee representative’s aggressive mic work. Now signed to Top Dawg Entertainment, the artist takes advantage of his newfound label family to create an official remix that’s even doper than the original. Black Hippy partners-in-rhyme ScHoolboy Q and Jay Rock jump on the atmospheric beat to complement the headliner’s feverish bars with some fast-paced rhymes of their own. Neither the remix nor its model are attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Isaiah Rashad’s plans as he settles in at TDE.
Written by richard on 10/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.