Released to the ‘net in July, J. Cardim‘s latest street album found the Booth-approved beatsmith hooking up with a wide variety of hip-hop’s best and brightest talents, from established heavyweights to relative unknowns; arguably the dopest surprise on the entire project, however, was the collision of Southern megastar Ludacris and the late, great Ol’ Dirty Bastard on the freaky All of the Time. Over Cardim’s deceptively complex instrumental, driven by stark percussion and spacey layered synths, the collaborators pay tribute to the females who keep them wanting it on a nearly constant basis. As usual, Luda tackles the risque subject matter with peerless panache, spitting the praises of an independent woman by the name of Anna (from Alabama, naturally), but Big Baby Jesus takes the cake on this one; rumored (may I repeat, rumored) to be ODB’s final recorded work before his death, the Wu-Tang alum’s contributions find him in characteristically raunchy, entertaining form. Those craving more from Cardim and company can download The In Crowd for free here – or, purchase the tagless version from iTunes via this link.
Written by richard on 08/23/10
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boy For Real ft. Sheek Louch & J. Cardim" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.