If Jacquees was hoping to take me back to my middle school dances, he’s succeeded. For the singer’s new video he grabs Soul For Real’s classic ’94 jam Candy Rain and gives it his own, updated flavor (a Quemix, if you will). Producer KE on the Track leaves the original essentially intact, putting the pressure on Jacquees to make Candy Rain his own, and he responds with smoothly delivered vocals that only pause to throw in a clever Umbrella shout out. Fans of both ‘90s and 2012 R&B will undoubtedly want to mark their calendars for the August release of Jacquees Fan Affiliated mixtape – you never know, he might just Quemix Color Me Bad’s I Wanna Sex You Up next.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/12/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.