Has your muse been playing hooky lately? Hit play on Jamla Records’ latest compilation single and Be Inspired! OK, I can’t guarantee that a listen to this cut will free you of all creative blockages, but its refreshing sound can only improve your mental state. As on the recently-featured No Competition, in-house beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards. His dreamy, compulsively listenable string loops back Jamla signee Rapsody, hip-hop veteran Pete Rock and gospel-rap heavyweight Lecrae as they share some wide-ranging reflections on life, the creative process and the ever-present scourge of haterdom. Jamla Is the Squad is slated to drop digitally next Tuesday, January 28. The DJBooth will be selling a NO DJ version of the project, complete with bonus tracks.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Competition" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.