Has your muse been playing hooky lately? Hit play on Jamla Records’ latest compilation single and Be Inspired! OK, I can’t guarantee that a listen to this cut will free you of all creative blockages, but its refreshing sound can only improve your mental state. As on the recently-featured No Competition, in-house beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards. His dreamy, compulsively listenable string loops back Jamla signee Rapsody, hip-hop veteran Pete Rock and gospel-rap heavyweight Lecrae as they share some wide-ranging reflections on life, the creative process and the ever-present scourge of haterdom. Jamla Is the Squad is slated to drop digitally next Tuesday, January 28. The DJBooth will be selling a NO DJ version of the project, complete with bonus tracks.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Competition" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.