With artists rushing to cash in on the 2012 doomsday prophecy, I feel the need to emphasize for our more superstitious, less detail-oriented readers that the apocalypse is scheduled for December 12, 2012. Which means that, if you actually do as pop hitmaker Jay Sean suggests in his latest effort and “party like it’s the end of the world” on New Year’s you’ll still have to contend with the resulting hangovers, injuries, abject poverty, and/or STDs for a good long minute before the apocalypse rolls around. (Not that the singer himself is a believer. As his people requested we emphasize, he follows up the aforementioned line with,“It ain’t the end of the world.”). Originally featured back in summer of 2012, the single has received a(n even more) club-ready makeover courtesy of Orange Factory Music and Jump Smokers. Over the beat crew’s scorching synths and four-on-the-floor percussion, Jay Sean and fellow CMYM affiliate Nicki Minaj‘s bars sound just as fresh and electrifying as they did over a year ago (minus the latter’s “Free Weezy” line). So, readers, will this cut be going on your New Year’s playlist? Debate away—and stay tuned for further tunes from all involved in the coming year.
Written by richard on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
Jayded/Cash Money/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Friend" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.