Beware, Booth readers: the latest feature from Los Angeles duo J*DaVey is so catchy it just might prove Deadly. Granted, I’m still alive after listening, and I’ve never heard of anyone being killed by a pop song… but still, you can’t be too careful. One of two freshly-released singles off the crew’s next project (and their first feature on our pages since 2011’s Queen of Wonderland), the record finds frontwoman Miss Jack Davey trying to wheedle her way into a recalcitrant lover’s heart. A slinky, guitar-laced in-house beat accompanies her seductive vocals. If you survived this cut, you’ll want to keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of J*DaVey’s next full-length, ROOKIE.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.