Beware, Booth readers: the latest feature from Los Angeles duo J*DaVey is so catchy it just might prove Deadly. Granted, I’m still alive after listening, and I’ve never heard of anyone being killed by a pop song… but still, you can’t be too careful. One of two freshly-released singles off the crew’s next project (and their first feature on our pages since 2011’s Queen of Wonderland), the record finds frontwoman Miss Jack Davey trying to wheedle her way into a recalcitrant lover’s heart. A slinky, guitar-laced in-house beat accompanies her seductive vocals. If you survived this cut, you’ll want to keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of J*DaVey’s next full-length, ROOKIE.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.