Beware, Booth readers: the latest feature from Los Angeles duo J*DaVey is so catchy it just might prove Deadly. Granted, I’m still alive after listening, and I’ve never heard of anyone being killed by a pop song… but still, you can’t be too careful. One of two freshly-released singles off the crew’s next project (and their first feature on our pages since 2011’s Queen of Wonderland), the record finds frontwoman Miss Jack Davey trying to wheedle her way into a recalcitrant lover’s heart. A slinky, guitar-laced in-house beat accompanies her seductive vocals. If you survived this cut, you’ll want to keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of J*DaVey’s next full-length, ROOKIE.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.