Hey Booth readers, can you keep a secret? Good—because Jeremih‘s latest single finds the R&B hitmaker embroiled in the kind of steamy affair best kept on the down-low. DJ Mustard‘s and Mick Schultz‘s stark synth production sets the mood as the Chi-Town crooner urges the woman in question not to breathe a word about him to her man: “You ain’t even gotta tell ‘em, Don’t Tell ‘Em.” Def Jam labelmate YG drops by on the back to update listeners on his own busy love life. Has this club-ready jam left you craving more? Then stay tuned; Jeremih’s junior set, Thumpy Johnson, has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 05/16/14
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.