All artists know that the selection of tracks for a full-length project is a very important and difficult process. For instance, though it is fairly unique and enjoyable, Jeremih isn’t sure if newly-released cut F*ck That Ni**a will make it onto his forthcoming (supremely delayed) album, Thumpy Johnson. (To convince him it belongs, be sure to provide a positive rating below.) Most noticeable is DJ Mustard’s bare-bones yet bubbly beat, which is dusted with subtle chimes and snaps. Though our rating system only goes up to five, Jeremih’s unique, feathery vocals might create a system error. Adding to the quirky yet raunchy vibe of the effort is guest Ty Dollar $ign, who contributes refreshing R&B-rooted vocals. While you await updates on Thumpy Johnson, why not check out Jeremih’s last Booth feature, August’s Love Hangover?
Written by Lucas G. on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.