Jeremih likes his Beemers and Rovers as much as the next guy, but lately he’s been on some classic sh*t. Specifically, you’ll catch him cruising, “in [his] Ol’ Skool Pontiac, sippin’ on that cognac.” (Hey, he might not be a great role model, but his taste in rides is impeccable.) This potential album inclusion finds the Chi-Town hitmaker taking a break from crooning to deliver flowed bars alongside a pair of fellow car fanatics. Joining the headliner over an uncredited beatsmith’s stark street boardwork, G.O.O.D. Music‘s Big Sean and H-Town mainstay Paul Wall echo Jeremih’s enthusiasm for throwback whips on the record’s latter two-thirds. How about it, readers: does Pontiac deserve a spot on the singer’s junior full-length? Whatever your take, you can keep it locked for the latest on the set, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.