Jeremih likes his Beemers and Rovers as much as the next guy, but lately he’s been on some classic sh*t. Specifically, you’ll catch him cruising, “in [his] Ol’ Skool Pontiac, sippin’ on that cognac.” (Hey, he might not be a great role model, but his taste in rides is impeccable.) This potential album inclusion finds the Chi-Town hitmaker taking a break from crooning to deliver flowed bars alongside a pair of fellow car fanatics. Joining the headliner over an uncredited beatsmith’s stark street boardwork, G.O.O.D. Music‘s Big Sean and H-Town mainstay Paul Wall echo Jeremih’s enthusiasm for throwback whips on the record’s latter two-thirds. How about it, readers: does Pontiac deserve a spot on the singer’s junior full-length? Whatever your take, you can keep it locked for the latest on the set, which has yet to receive either a title or a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Birthday Sex" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.