If Joe Budden’s Twitter timeline is to believed, the Slaughterhouse emcee does most of his rhyme writing at strip clubs, only looking up from his pen and bad when a particularly rotund posterior comes into eye shot. Perhaps that affinity for late night endeavors helps explain Budden’s new club-oriented single Lower, which attempts to get the ladies of the world to simultaneously raise their blood alcohol levels while lowering their collective booties. Producer Frequency provides an appropriately clapping beat for Lower built around a pounding percussion line. On the mic you could call this Lighter, as Budden takes a vacation from his usual five minute lyrical onslaughts of pain and depression to talk about the simply joys of f**king in a Marriot, sentiments that guest artist Young Chris echoes nicely on a solid second verse. It’s definitely not your usual from Joe, but that doesn’t make it bad…or does it? I guess we’ll find out soon in the comments and ratings below. Who knows, if the ratings are high enough maybe Budden will place this stand alone single on an upcoming full album.
Written by JRTheWriter on 01/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New Jersey Drive ft. Redman" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.