Most rappers front and stretch the facts a little bit but, when fakeness becomes a compulsion rather than an artistic choice, an Intervention is in order. On a brand new promo cut, New England-based Booth favorite Joyner Lucas steps into the role of hip-hop counselor, using his mic skills to open lames’ eyes to the truth of their condition. Though sucker emcees are the record’s ostensible audience, listeners are sure to appreciate the torrent of deft, pop-referential punchlines Joyner delivers over !llmind‘s syncopated synths and head-noddible rhythm section. Intervention is only a loosie, but, if you’re feeling it, don’t touch that dial. We in the Booth will keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from the unsigned buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Do They Know?" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.