Say what you will about Michael Richards (“racist buffoon” about covers it), but Kramer was right about one thing: you never turn down a Junior Mint. Or, in this case, a new record by up-and-coming emcee JR Mint. His first Booth feature, new single The Bakery finds the T-dot representative teaming up with a weed-loving Booth regular to create a musical confection that’ll prove deliciously addictive to anyone with a sweet tooth for hot rhymes and infectious soul-sampled grooves. The punnily-named Beathoven provides the latter part of the equation, serving up an exultant, brass-led instrumental, and Mint delivers bars to match. Celebrating his success in the game as well as his love for the kush, he exhibits an exuberant flow sure to get heads’ attention. Some of that enthusiasm seems to have rubbed off on guest emcee Smoke DZA as well; the blunted Booth fave (and freestyle series alumnus) attacks the first verse with more energy than his usual, reveling in his jet-setting lifestyle and all-green-everything aesthetic. Does this fresh-baked banger leave you with the munchies? More mouth-watering material is just around the corner; JR’s Canadian Mint street album drops May 10.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke Out" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.