Holy sh*t, has it really been over three months since we featured a fresh song from Queens phenom K. Sparks? To answer my own rhetorical question, yes; yes it has. Today, the perennial Booth fave ends his unusually lengthy absence from our pages by bringing us the lead single and title track off his next album. Though this cut is fresh out the oven, it feels like a piece of Vintage Art. Fero Navi‘s synth-sample boardwork has a swanky, retro feel, and Sparks peppers his intricate verses with throwback allusions to everyone from Al Pacino to Langston Hughes. Hungry for more? Of course you are—so keep your browsers locked for the latest singles leading up to the July 27, arrival of Vintage Art (the LP).
Written by richard on 05/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.