The music industry is quick to place artists in a box, or “lane” as the kids say, so that they be easily classified and understood. Kid Ink has a lane but, as he explains, it is “My Own Lane,” and it offers sufficient leeway for him to swerve between styles like Lindsey Lohan after a few drinks on the highway. The RCA signee chooses a laid-back, calm, cool, and collected style for the latest single off his upcoming album. Atop producer Ned Cameron’s foggy beat, which features a few layered samples (including spooky choral vocals), Ink’s casual, yet crisp and cutting flow sounds right at home. My Own Lane is the title track off Ink’s debut, due out early next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.