Released to considerable Booth acclaim back in September of 2013, the lead single off Kid Ink‘s RCA/Alumni debut set has received the inevitable star-studded remix. Bay Area hitmaker DJ Mustard‘s minimal club production is retained from the original, as are Chris Breezy‘s hook and bridge vocals. As for new additions, there are quite a few: Southern heavyweights 2 Chainz and Juicy J deliver some freaky (and food-obsessed, in the former’s case) flowed 16s, and R&B hitmaker Trey Songz offers additional vocal support throughout the cut. Has this rendition, with its trio of high-profile guests, surpassed its prototype? Debate away. For the album version, of course, you can cop Ink’s My Own Lane LP, available in stores and online as of January.
Written by richard on 02/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lowkey Poppin'" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.