Now that we’re only a handful of years away from the 10-year-anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, the focus on post-Katrina New Orleans and its residents has all but disappeared. Although a focus on the city has shifted elsewhere, with the release of G-Unit spitter Kidd Kidd‘s New Warleans we get a small glimpse at the grim standing of the Southern metropolis. The tone of the record is best summed up by noted Louisianan Juvenile who lends a little commentary as he explains, “Enjoy your life while you here man, this sh*t ain’t promised. You know these ni**a’s dropping like a motherf**ker in the N.O. man. I can’t believe this sh*t.” Although the content of the song may be bleak, producer Beat Ryder attempts to liven up the record with a welcoming helping of soulful bass and the occasional addition of mellow strings. This unabashedly real record can be found on Kidd Kidd’s forthcoming Street Fame album, which is currently without a release date.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crack Rock" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.