When you think of great hip-hop couples, who comes to mind? Beyoncé and Jay Z (duh), Alicia and Swizz, but what about Numonics and Koncept? OK, so they aren’t dating, but Numonics’s production chops and Koncept’s high-quality mic work are a match made in hip-hop heaven. Don’t believe me? Just take a listen to their new joint single, My Peace. Numonics’ boardwork is powered by a soulful, sped-up vocal which, when blended with the cascading instrumental, creates the perfect backdrop for Koncept’s mature bars. My Peace is part of the emcee/producer duo’s forthcoming Live On EP, due out later this month via our sister site Audiomack.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
Koncept/Brown Bag AllStars
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Day Dreaming" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.