While it might seem counter-intuitive, Kwabs makes the first of (what is sure to be) many DJBooth appearances with Last Stand; his career, however, is just getting started. Born in Ghana and raised in London, Kwabs’ style is as exotic as his roots (at least to us Americans). Setting the stage on this unique ballad is SOHN, the producer who recently remixed the Angel Haze single Echelon (It’s My Way), who surrounds a slow, clapping beat with a few organ-like effects. The production, combined with Kwabs’ smoldering, powerful vocals creates a hauntingly beautiful, entrancing atmosphere that is darkly potent and yet oddly soothing. Last Stand, available soon for digital purchase, is slated to appear on the buzzmaker’s 2014-bound debut.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.