While it might seem counter-intuitive, Kwabs makes the first of (what is sure to be) many DJBooth appearances with Last Stand; his career, however, is just getting started. Born in Ghana and raised in London, Kwabs’ style is as exotic as his roots (at least to us Americans). Setting the stage on this unique ballad is SOHN, the producer who recently remixed the Angel Haze single Echelon (It’s My Way), who surrounds a slow, clapping beat with a few organ-like effects. The production, combined with Kwabs’ smoldering, powerful vocals creates a hauntingly beautiful, entrancing atmosphere that is darkly potent and yet oddly soothing. Last Stand, available soon for digital purchase, is slated to appear on the buzzmaker’s 2014-bound debut.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.