On Do What U Want, the hit second single off Lady Gaga‘s latest full-length, the hitmaking pop songstress displayed a new, soulful edge that caused many critics to compare her to Christina Aguilera. Evidently, she’s been paying attention to the reviews, as the official remix sees her going toe to toe with Miss Genie in a Bottle herself. (Her original guest, R&B heavyweight R. Kelly, sits this one out.) Over Paul “DJ White Shadow” Blair‘s neon-tinted synthpop production, the two pop songstresses showcase their vocal chops both solo (on the verses) and in tandem (on the chorus). Though Aguilera turns in a more powerful performance, Gaga proves more than worthy collaborator, and their styles mesh just as naturally as you’d expect. This rendition isn’t attached to a larger set, but the original version of Do What U Want can be found on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP LP, available in stores and online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just Dance (Remix) ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.