If you step to Lil Fame and Termanology, prepare to get gouged in the eye, kneed in the groin, and punched in the kidneys—simply put, the Fizzylogy collaborators Play Dirty. Not that they’ll need to, given their skills and formidable connects. Following Too Tough for TV and the reader-approved title track, this freshly-minted song release finds the duo delivering two-fisted verses over production by boom-bap legend DJ Premier (who flips the titular sample from DMX‘s Get It on the Floor). Primo’s addictive string/piano loops and grimy percussion bring out the best in guest spitters Styles P. and Busta Rhymes, the latter of whom laces the back with one of his most intense 16s in a long minute. (Damn, I miss the old-school Bus-a-Bus.) Fans will be able to find this bellicose banger and much more on Fizzyology, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 6.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Welcome to the Machine (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.