We still don’t have a concrete release date for Lil Wayne‘s Tha Carter V album, but we have been hand-delivered the second single off the project. Grindin, like it’s successful predecessor Believe Me, features Drake. (Hey, if it ain’t broken, why try to fix it?) The track’s production is co-handled by Boi-1da and Vinyl, who don’t upstage the song’s stars with their low key boardwork; all the energy here is supplied by Wayne, who exclaims, “F**k double O seven, I work twenty-four seven / Ain’t got time to bond with no bitch.” While we are not sure what Mr. Bond did to upset Wayne, it’s clear Weezy F. is aiming to land a second hit record on the Billboard Hot 100 with back-to-back collaborations with his cohort from the north.
Written by DJ Z on 09/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.