When they first hit our front page with a Pitbull-featuring remix of single I’m In Miami Trick, LMFAO‘s less-than-serious approach to club music left a bad taste in some readers’ mouths, though quite a few praised its high-energy vibe. For fans of body-moving beats who nonetheless weren’t thrilled by the duo’s Booth debut, their latest single selection may come as a pleasant surprise—on the newly-released La La La, the twosome tone down the jokeyness and amp up the danceability to create a fun, infectious ode to puppy love in the club. Backed by their own propulsive, synth-heavy instrumental, Sky Blu and Redfoo address a female so enchanting that a mere glance from her leaves them feeling “on top of the world.” La La La is a sugary, straightforward club record, and I mean that in the best way possible; LMFAO clearly know their audience, and this cut may be just the thing to help get their Party Rock EP a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.