The title of LMFAO‘s forthcoming sophomore set may suggest that the Los Angeles natives are Sorry for Party Rocking, but their latest single tells a very different story. As you may have surmised, Party Rock Anthem is less an apology for the electro-hop twosome’s musical excesses than an all-out, balls-to-the-wall celebration of the very same. A four-on-the-floor rhythm and some skittering synths set a club-ready mood as Skyblue and Redfoo do what they do best, lacing the joint with their trademark monster hooks and stupidly-clever (or should that be stupidly clever?) punchlines: “On a rise to the top, no Led in our Zeppelin.” After the headliners have said their piece, Booth newcomer Goon Rock steps up to the mic to offer us a timely reminder that “hatin’ is bad,” and singer Lauren Bennett ties the party-rockin’ package together with some robotic hook and bridge vocals. So, how about it, Booth readers: ready to cut loose and have a good time? If so, stay tuned for release details on LMFAO’s second album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 01/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm In Miami Trick (Remix) ft. Pitbull" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.