Since exploding onto the scene with breakout hit Royals, New Zealand pop songstress Lorde has seen moderate success with two follow-up singles, Tennis Court and Team. Though we haven’t featured either of those cuts in their original forms, Five Knives’ brand new remix of the latter was so dope, we simply had to bring y’all the world premiere. In place of Joel Little‘s catchy, but understated beat, the Nashville electronic/punk ensemble cook up a more aggressive synth groove fueled by a compulsively danceable, handclap-laced rhythm section. This remix is just a promo single, but fans can find the album version of the cut on Lorde’s debut set, Pure Heroine, available in stores and online as of September 30.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
Submit your Rating
Universal Music NZ
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.