If the weather round your way is anything like it is is in my city of residence (cold, gray and did I mention cold?), I’m guessing you could use a little Cali sunshine in your life. Well, you’re in luck—here to brighten up our day is Luke Christopher with Blue Skies, a cheery standout cut off his latest digital release. As on his first feature, The Rescuer, the 17-year-old rapper/producer takes the opportunity to showcase his skills on both sides of the boards. The result, however, couldn’t be more different from its moody predecessor. Over his own rhythmic piano chords, bouncy percussion and catchy synth lines, Christopher drops verses jam-packed with chipper motivational lyricism ( “It’s be the best at what you do and let the haters collide / but don’t worry little angel, you fly.”) and breezy trash-talk (“I’m here for a lifetime / and you’re just made ‘cause your hoe don’t like your flow and you know that she like mine.”). Has the Left Coast up-and-comer succeeded in putting a spring in your step with his latest effort? Then don’t miss the rest of the fresh material on display on L.C.‘s Building Skies tape, available for free download via the artist’s Tumblr.
Written by richard on 01/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rescuer" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.