Missing Shark Week already? While we in The DJBooth aren’t planning on running any sensationalistic documentaries about Great White attacks in the near future, fans of the Selachimorpha monophylum are sure to appreciate the newly-released SharkFaceGang Remix of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Platinum-certified single, Can’t Hold Us. To indulge my taste for terrible puns, this rendition of the cut has a little more bite than the original. Emerald City veteran and Street Level Records founder D-Sane mans the mixing boards, retaining the cinematic feel of Ryan Lewis’ production, but ratcheting up the intensity with a more powerful synth/brass arrangement. Is this remix an improvement over the album version? As always, ya’ll get to lay down the final verdict. The latter can, of course, be found on smash-hit sophomore set The Heist, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.