Missing Shark Week already? While we in The DJBooth aren’t planning on running any sensationalistic documentaries about Great White attacks in the near future, fans of the Selachimorpha monophylum are sure to appreciate the newly-released SharkFaceGang Remix of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Platinum-certified single, Can’t Hold Us. To indulge my taste for terrible puns, this rendition of the cut has a little more bite than the original. Emerald City veteran and Street Level Records founder D-Sane mans the mixing boards, retaining the cinematic feel of Ryan Lewis’ production, but ratcheting up the intensity with a more powerful synth/brass arrangement. Is this remix an improvement over the album version? As always, ya’ll get to lay down the final verdict. The latter can, of course, be found on smash-hit sophomore set The Heist, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.