Major Lazer has a knack for simple and meaningless, yet insanely catchy hooks. I spent more of 2013 than I’d like to admit humming, “Bubble butt, bubble bubble bubble butt.” Well, now I know what’s going to be running through my mental for the next few months: “Brrrang! Ba-bum ba-bum / Aerosol Can, ba-bum ba-bum / Monkey outside, ba-bum ba-bum.” On the lead single off his forthcoming EP, the Diplo alter-ego enlists recording artist and superproducer Pharrell Williams to deliver some entertainingly bugged-out bars over a spare, syncopated percussion rhythm accented by rattling-can effects. The result is as effortlessly sticky as anything in Mr. Lazer’s repertoire. But enough outta me: are you feeling it? If so, keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the February 25, release of new EP Apocalypse Soon.
Update: We have added the Kyle dePinna-directed visuals for Major Lazer’s Aerosol Can single.
Written by richard on 04/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Free ColeWorld" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.