You could listen to Swedish singer/songwriter Mapei‘s debut feature right now… or you could always leave it till tomorrow. My advice? Without a question, Don’t Wait; a record this dope demands to be enjoyed without delay. This remix of the single, premiered yesterday via Pitchfork, features fresh production by Kingdom. In place of the original’s unique, gospel/world music-informed backdrop, the Los Angeles beatsmith crafts a more streamlined synth groove fueled by rhythmic handclaps and syncopated synths. He also ups the tempo significantly, imbuing the cut with added tension and urgency. This remix isn’t attached to a larger project, but its prototype is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.