You could listen to Swedish singer/songwriter Mapei‘s debut feature right now… or you could always leave it till tomorrow. My advice? Without a question, Don’t Wait; a record this dope demands to be enjoyed without delay. This remix of the single, premiered yesterday via Pitchfork, features fresh production by Kingdom. In place of the original’s unique, gospel/world music-informed backdrop, the Los Angeles beatsmith crafts a more streamlined synth groove fueled by rhythmic handclaps and syncopated synths. He also ups the tempo significantly, imbuing the cut with added tension and urgency. This remix isn’t attached to a larger project, but its prototype is available now for purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Wait" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.