Love is like Cigarettes; sure, it’s relatively unlikely to give you lung cancer, but it’s addictive as hell and the effects of its long-term abuse can be downright excruciating. Marc. E Bassy knows exactly what I’m talking about; on his debut single, the first release off his forthcoming EP, the unsigned singer draws a poignant analogy between his romantic history and a nicotine fiend’s relationship with tobacco. Casper & B provide a left-of-center synth backdrop for the artist’s engaging vocals. For Cigarettes and much more, cop Only the Poet EP when it drops digitally on Tuesday, July 29.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over the Water" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.