Booth newcomer Marcè Reazon started out with nothing but, where others would have seen fate’s cruelty, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Long Beach buzzmaker saw potential for an underdog success story. On the latest single off his forthcoming street album, the up-and-coming rapper/producer puts an aspirational spin on his humble background, spitting, “Happy endings start with Sad Beginnings.” Here, Reazon showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, adorning a hi-hat-heavy percussion rhythm with smoldering keyboards and a chopped-n-screwed sample from UGK‘s Pourin’ Up as he flaunts his hard-earned wealth and waves goodbye to peers who are still, “chillin’ at the bottom.” Feeling this whip-ready aspirational banger? More is just around the corner. Featuring guest appearances by such Booth faves Ro Ransom, Troy Ave, Kyle Lucas and Jon Hope, A View to Kill is scheduled for digital release next Thursday, September 27.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.