Judging by Mark Ronson‘s diverse oeuvre as an artist, songwriter, musician and producer, the Allido Records co-founder must have a pretty damned extensive and eclectic Record Collection. For further proof of his wide-ranging and adventurous musical tastes, I refer you to Bang Bang Bang, the newly-released lead single off his third studio album. While the headliner’s uniquely body-moving production work is far from guest emcee Q-Tip‘s usual, the match turns out to be one made in heaven – the Abstract’s stop-start flows are the perfect complement to Ronson’s stuttering guitar-organ groove. Singer/electronic musician MNDR (aka Amanda Warner) rounds out the lineup, informing us that “There’s no hiding behind molting feathers” on the blistering, double-time chorus. While I have no clue what that means, I do know I’m going to have this stuck in my head for the next couple days. Those digging this single can find more on Mark Ronson’s Record Collection LP, set to hit stores across the pond July 11.
Written by richard on 05/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Valerie ft. Amy Winehouse " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.