In addition to selling headphones for billions of dollars and promising us an album that is never going to drop, the legendary Dr. Dre can, you know, actually rap. Though it’s been two years since his last rapping appearance (on a little project called Good Kid m.A.A.d City; maybe you’ve heard of it?), the Doc sounds as fresh as ever on Marsha Ambrosius‘s new single, Stronger. Maybe he was wowed by the soulful, silky-smooth vocals she showcases over the drum-laden beat… or maybe he just wanted to hop on the mic for a change? Either way, listeners will be happy. Expect more where this came from on Marsha’s Friends & Lovers album, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.