Booth newcomer Matt Monday is as hungry as an observant Muslim during Ramadan. But don’t take my word for it; simply hit play on the North Charleston native and recent Blu Roc signee’s new mixtape single, making its world premiere right here on our front page. Ryan Janeiro‘s instrumental is filled with ideas jostling for attention—Southeast Asian string samples rub shoulders with staccato synths and smooth R&B keys—but Monday maintains an aggressive, in-your-face flow through all of its twists and turns. Fans will be able to find Ramadan and much more on Matt’s upcoming Filthy mixtape, dropping July 22, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the BANK!-directed visuals for Matt Monday’s Ramadan single.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Wrong" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.