Booth newcomer Matt Monday is as hungry as an observant Muslim during Ramadan. But don’t take my word for it; simply hit play on the North Charleston native and recent Blu Roc signee’s new mixtape single, making its world premiere right here on our front page. Ryan Janeiro‘s instrumental is filled with ideas jostling for attention—Southeast Asian string samples rub shoulders with staccato synths and smooth R&B keys—but Monday maintains an aggressive, in-your-face flow through all of its twists and turns. Fans will be able to find Ramadan and much more on Matt’s upcoming Filthy mixtape, dropping July 22, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Update: We have added the BANK!-directed visuals for Matt Monday’s Ramadan single.
Written by richard on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It Wrong" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.