At the top of next week, indie rhymesayer Matt Monday will be releasing his latest street album as a DJBooth exclusive. In the meantime, here’s a little something to tide You over. In stark contrast to last week’s grimy Do It Wrong, this joint is subdued and soulful. Beatsmith Ryan Janeiro sets the mood, serving up a reverb-drenched blend of strings, keys and vocal samples as Monday catches up with an estranged ex-lover. Fans will be able to find this poignant single and much more on the North Charleston repper’s Filthy tape, set to hit our front page next Monday, August 11.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.