The city of Miami has its fair share of fantastic duos. There’s LeBron and Dwyane Wade, Dan LeBatard and his father, Horatio Caine and Eric Delko, Eva Mendes (she counts as two people) and of course ¡MAYDAY! emcees, Wrekonize and Bernbiz. As of late, the group has been putting out impressive music with popular single, Death March and its remix, and they are about to blow your mind with their latest release, T.N.T. Off of their forthcoming album, T.N.T. features a beat from group member, Plex Luther, who provides a banging instrumental with heavy percussion while incorporating synths and string riffs for the talented emcees to rhyme over. On the mic, Wrek and Bernbiz bring along dead prez and use their superior flow and lyricism to show why they are beginning to blow up across North America. You can tell why label boss Tech N9ne signed ¡MAYDAY! to Strange Music with lines like “Where ever there’s repression, you know it bleeds resistance and where there is smoke, fire’s in the distance.” ¡MAYDAY!‘s upcoming Strange Music debut, Take Me To Your Leader is set to drop on March 26th and is available for pre- order now.
Written by Dillon White on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.