In late April, Panhandle State hip-hop ensemble ¡MAYDAY! and West Coast underground mainstay MURS lit the fuse on their forthcoming joint album with TABLETOPS, a lead single which won a phenomenal 4.4-star average rating from our readership. Rather than attempting to recapture that joint’s adrenaline-pumping vibe, the collaborators slow things down on newly-released follow-up Here. Over a mellow 6/8 groove by Gianni Cash and NonMS, Wrek, Bernz and MURS spit eloquently about the feelings of alienation and social isolation that have followed them throughout life. ¡MURSDAY! is scheduled to drop via Strange Music on June 10, at which point it will be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
UPDATE: You can now watch the official video for Here.
Written by richard on 06/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothin (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.