“Why be a fool to love one too many times?” It’s tough to answer such a rhetorical question while consoling a friend, especially followed by “I fell in love and now I found never” (as in never falling in love again). The best of luck to all of Mélat‘s close friends, because I would be just as determined to shirk all chances at love after hearing that disappointing conclusion. For her new single, the purposely misspelled nevr, the Austin singer/songwriter shares a kind of breakup that sticks with you forever in a negative way. All is not lost, though, thanks to the harpsichord used by producer WoodysProduce that gives the song a liberating feeling. I guess she’ll hold on to the love of her music, which might be more than enough for her. nevr is part of Mélat’s currently running Side B Series.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.