Once upon a time, Mike Posner thought a major-label deal would spell the end of all his problems—from his financial woes to his emotional insecurities. While it certainly helped with the former, it didn’t do a damn thing for the latter, as he admits on the newly-released My Light. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the Michigan-based singer/songwriter and producer speaks frankly on his flaws and personal failings, before shifting the focus to acceptance and self-improvement. Over his and Jayson DeZuzio‘s guitar-driven instrumental, he expresses an upbeat attitude regarding what lies ahead: “This is it, it was a new beginning / I followed my heart so now I’m winning.” While My Light is just a loosie, the positive energy Posner exhibits here can only bode well for his sophomore set, Pages. Keep it locked for the latest on the long-awaited LP, which has yet to be assigned a drop date.
Update: We have added the Lawrence Chen-directed visuals for Mike Posner’s My Light single.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.