Last week, superproducer Mike WiLL Made It announced plans for his fourth solo mixtape, #MikeWiLLBeenTriLL. What can fans expect from the forthcoming set? Two words: polka medleys. Nah, just kidding; if freshly-minted lead single Whippin’ a Brick is a clear indication, it’ll pack all the trunk-rattling trap beats and grimy block talk fans have come to expect. Here, Mike’s ominous synth-orchestral grooves back lyrical contributions from Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa and North Atlanta rap trio Migos, the latter of whom also deliver the joint’s shouted hook. Featuring this cut as well as collaborations with and Jay-Z, Future, 2 Chainz and ScHoolboy Q (to name a few), the headliner’s next street album has yet to receive a solid release date, but is projected to drop “around Christmas.”
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who F*ccin’ Wit Me" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.